Today we have another book tag! As mentioned many times on my blog, I love Taylor Swift. I looked for a book tag about her newest album Folklore and found one! It was created by A Whisper of Ink.
And if my wishes came true
It would’ve been youTaylor Swift
The 1- A book with an ending that left you speechless
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. No spoilers, of course, but this left me speechless because of the direction it took. It would make a great movie.
I knew you
Tried to change the ending
Peter losing WendyTaylor Swift
Cardigan-A book that makes you feel happy and sad all at once
- Ghosted by J.M. Darhower. I love a good second chance romance and this one fits the bill to a t. I’ve read this three times and it still fills me up with so many emotions.
And in a feud with her neighbor
She stole his dog and dyed it key lime greenTaylor Swift
The Last Great American Dynasty- A book with a fascinating and extremely well-told story
- Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven. This is book one in a duology about Cassie and Ethan. This second chance story was one of the first one’s I ever read and started my love of second chance romances. This story was my life for a week in the summer of 2016, it left me emotional but full of love.
I think I’ve seen this film before
And I didn’t like the endingTaylor Swift
Exile- A book you wish you hadn’t read
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. I read this book in the time period where I was buying any young adult book I saw being talked about on YouTube. AKA I was reading books I wasn’t even sure I wanted to. I know I don’t like books about people with illnesses. I read it anyway and I regret it. Because of that book, I make sure I’m only reading what I actually want to.
You had to kill me, but it killed you just the same
Cursing my name
Wishing I stayedTaylor Swift
My Tears Ricochet- A book that made you cry uncontrollably
- Letters to Molly by Devney Perry. In the last year or so, I’ve gone through a stage where fictional stories make me cry very easily. Especially stories about people finding their way back to each other after time apart. I finished this one, balling with tissues around my bed, at 3:30 in the morning in July 2019. My dad was getting up for work and I was having chest pains because of my tears. Good times.
I’m still on that tightrope
I’m still trying everything to get you laughing at meTaylor Swift
Mirror Ball- A book that feels like it was written just for you
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. This book started my love affair with YA books in high school. I related to Lara Jean a lot. And Peter Kavinsky reminded me of the guy I had a crush on which caused me to have unrealistic expectations.
Sweet tea in the summer
Cross my heart, won’t tell no otherTaylor Swift
Seven- A childhood book that makes you feel nostalgic
- Junie B. Jones by Barbara Park This book series is the first one I stayed up past me bed time to read with a flashlight under the covers. Junie B. Jones Hawaii vacation is what started it all.
And then canceled my plans
Just in case you’d call
Back when I was living for the hope of it allTaylor Swift
August- A book that reminds you of Summer
- Beach Read by Emily Henry A book called Beach Read? It has to remind you of summer! Since I didn’t get to go to the actual beach this year, this book helped.
They told me all of my cages were mental
So I got wasted like all my potential
And my words shoot to kill when I’m mad
I have a lot of regrets about thatTaylor Swift
This is Me Trying- A book that deals with loneliness and sadness
Look at this godforsaken mess that you made me
You showed me colors you know
I can’t see with anyone elseTaylor Swift
Illicit Affairs- A book that gave you a book hangover
- Wait For It by Mariana Zapata I was thinking about these characters for days after I finished it. I got my hair cut and thought of the main character (she was a hair dresser.) I still think about them from time and time and wonder how they are.
Time, curious time
Gave me no compasses, gave me no signs
Were there clues I didn’t see?Taylor Swift
Invisible String- A book that came into your life at the exact right time
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne I read this book right after my grandfather died and it got me out of a major reading slump. It also kickstarted my love for romance novels. I love you Lucy and Josh.
Every time you call me crazy
I get more crazy
What about that?Taylor Swift
Mad Woman- A book with a female character you adore
Only twenty minutes to sleep
But you dream of some epiphany
Just one single glimpse of relief
To make some sense of what you’ve seenTaylor Swift
Epiphany- A book that is haunting
She said “James, get in, let’s drive”
Those days turned into nights
Slept next to her but
I dreamt of you all summer longTaylor Swift
Betty- A book couple that fills you with yearning
All these people think love’s for show
But I would die for you in secret
The devil’s in the details
But you got a friend in meTaylor Swift
Peace- A book character you’d die for because you love them so much
- Joshua Templeman by Sally Thorne was my first major book boyfriend. He created romance and I would die for him.
You know I left a part of me back in New York
You knew the hero died, so what’s the movie for?Taylor Swift
Hoax- A book that you thought you were going to love but didn’t
And that was the Folklore Book Tag! Do we have any similar answers? Let me know!
Check out my other book tags: My life in Books tag, Reader Confessions Book Tag