Everyone loves concerts! Do you remember your first concert? I don’t. Mine was apparently Keith Urban who came to our town to preform at FYE. He was just starting his career and I was a baby.
The first concert I remember was at the high school in town. I do not remember the name of the singer but I know I got her to sign my CD.
Since then, I have been to many concerts that I remember and look back on fondly. I’m gonna list them!
- Big Time Rush (2011)– The year was 2011 and I was 12. My dad surprised me with tickets to see Big Time Rush, my boyband of choice, at the York fair. It was a great day singing Nothing Even Matters and Worldwide. I’ll always remember that night.
- Taylor Swift Red Tour (2013)- The year I went to my first Taylor Swift concert with a twisted ankle! When I saw that Taylor was in Philly, I begged my dad to buy us tickets the day before, despite my hurt foot. 45 minutes before she was supposed to come out, a thunderstorm started and the concert was delayed. Dad and I waited with everyone else inside the building. Eventually, when it was all done, the show went on. And the show was awesome.
- Ed Sheeran (2014)– After seeing Ed Sheeran open up for Taylor on the Red Tour, I fell in love with him. When I found out he was going to be close to me, I begged my dad to go. We went and, of course, it poured down rain before he came on but the concert still went on as scheduled. An A plus night.
- Taylor Swift 1989 Tour (2015)– I saw the 1989 tour twice. Once with mom, another with dad. The perks of having divorced parents. My life peeked at the 1989 tour and I look back with nostalgia.
- Scotty McCreery (2015)– My town fair always has people come perform. I never cared about that before but my friends wanted to go see Scotty McCreery so we went. It was a good concert but I mostly think about getting to spend the night with my friends. Nothing is better than a fun night with friends.
- Selena Gomez Revival Tour (2016)– Oh the time I decided not to take the SAT so I could go to a concert! (Don’t worry, I did take the SAT eventually.) We went to the arena in DC and had nose bleed seats. The seats were so high it felt like we were tilting and one wrong move and we would plummet to our death.
- Taylor Swift Reputation Tour (2018)– I saw the Reputation tour twice. Once with my great aunt Marcia, and then with my dad and second cousin Andrea and her friend. My life peeked for a second time at this concert and I’m thankful it’s available on Netflix to relive any time I want.
And those were the concerts I have been to in the last almost ten years! Have you been to any of these? Let me know!
To hear about my love of Taylor Swift go to The Swift Life